On pregnancy signs, Women who want children can hardly wait: The period is missing. But time and again it is reported that women have not noticed her pregnancy because she got on as before your period. We explain why the pregnancy test can be positive despite bleeding.
- 1 Why usually the period remains off during pregnancy?
- 2 I got my menstrual period, but still think I'm pregnant. When can I test a pregnancy?
- 3 Pregnant and still the period - how often does that happen?
- 4 Why do I get my period in pregnancy?
- 5 I'm pregnant and have my period. Harm the baby?
- 6 I'm pregnant and I got my period. I had a miscarriage?
- 7 How should I do if I still have my period in pregnancy?
Why usually the period remains off during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, the fertilized egg settles into the uterine lining of the woman. This process is completed at about the 24th day of the cycle. The signals in the body of the woman are then "pregnant" changed. Early placental cells form the pregnancy hormone HCG, the signal to the ovaries and pituitary gland that in the coming months must be no ovulation. The rejection of the endometrium and thus your period does not occur.
I got my menstrual period, but still think I'm pregnant. When can I test a pregnancy?
Whether you have a baby, you can find out with a pregnancy test. About 14 days after fertilization of the egg the pregnancy hormone hCG in your urine is detectable. This corresponds approximately to the time when your period should inserting.
Pregnant and still the period - how often does that happen?Thinkstock, Stockbyte
gets that a woman during her pregnancy nor her period, is not so rare. About one in 200 expectant mothers experienced this.
In pregnancy, the period is then usually the expected day one, albeit weaker. And the next rule comes again weaker than usual, but pretty much the appointment. Nevertheless, the woman is pregnant!
Why do I get my period in pregnancy?
There are various theories as to why some women still have her period during pregnancy.
- A - but scientifically controversial - statement reads: In the implantation the fertilized egg could lead to minor injuries to the soft lining of the uterus. The germ lowers namely deep roots in the layer with the plump blood vessels. The woman would therefore then make slight bleeding fixed at the time of implantation, as in the day of the expected rule.
- Another theory: The period around the eighth week of pregnancy around her could Usache in cycle program Women have - the body memory would therefore be stamped the rhythm so that despite changes in hormone situation supervened slight bleeding at the expected time.
I'm pregnant and have my period. Harm the baby?
No. In most cases, not so much mucous is expelled from the uterus with the period when that the embryo could not implant. After implantation, there is no increased risk to the embryo. The development of your baby will, as with any other unborn also regularly by Ultrasonic examined.
I'm pregnant and I got my period. I had a miscarriage?
bleeding during pregnancy does not necessarily mean that you have suffered a miscarriage. Especially in the early weeks of pregnancy, the causes can this be diverse and often quite harmless, for example, Contact bleeding after sex, the replacement of tissue or a deep-seated placenta. Nevertheless, bleeding during pregnancy should be investigated medically always.
How should I do if I still have my period in pregnancy?
You have your period in your pregnancy? Then you should go for safety to the doctor - just so he other serious reasons for this bleeding can rule. And you do not have to worry about your baby.