Why do children need pocket money?iStock, People Images
To appreciate as parents what that means spending money for children and young people, you have to realize one thing: It is usually the only source of money for them to fulfill personal desires their own criteria.
What are they doing with the money they get a month, depends on the type: those who squander their pocket money immediately after the payment, others save it for months in order to fulfill a specific request. Some are always short of money, others share the money good one.
get pocket money and deal with this is an important lesson for dealing with money and also characterizes the later handling. It is therefore very important that it is angmessen and no oversized monthly warm money rain. (More on this below in the table pocket money)
Managing their own money - life lessons
- to know the value of money
Who needs to buy things from his monthly pocket money or pay, get a feel for a lot and little expensive and inexpensive. So until you learn the true value of things (or more accurately their true price) estimate that previously allows a parents.
- make their own financial decisions
I save or I'll treat myself to an ice cream? I take the blue or white t-shirt? I buy in a small shop or a supermarket? The only way to get your child: Is a purchase useful or useless? Where is it more expensive, where it is more favorable? When should you take the more expensive product? Does it make sense to delay the purchase until next month when the sale begins? But the regret for a bad buy is an important learning step; as well as the joy of a bargain or taking advantage of discounts.
- keep track
What you get for 20 euros? Can I buy an ice cream when I go to the movies today I still? If I am not one rush me, the money is quickly gone. I give it dribs for sweets, I can not buy my longboard.
- make comparisons
A friendly family runs regularly on a skiing holiday, but it affords no designer clothes. By comparisons with other children learn to husband money: The best friend never buy football tickets; At first glance, he seems so to exclude something from the daily exchange transaction in the schoolyard. But he has now but bought a cool remote-controlled helicopter. That makes more of an impression than any parent monologue about saving. In this respect it is right and good when children compare with others regarding pocket money. Although the debate at home after that is a bit exhausting.
So: Anyone who has felt as a child, what role money plays in life, who has personal experience of how fast it can trickle between his fingers one or how nice it is to buy something from their own savings, will also be able to act responsibly later with money.
Pocket money - what should you consider?
- The payment date should always be on time and regularly so that the offspring can plan. does not matter if a week or once a month. Monthly Notes, however, the savings motivation because it stops a good base amount in hand that can be put aside.
- Pocket money should always paid and will not be subject to conditions such as good behavior or completed homework. This does not exclude that it actually even things need to be paid, one has abischtlich destroyed (eg. The excavator's brother)
- Pocket money should flow without memory. Let your child do not beg - that links money with an uneasy feeling of dependency.
- Clear agreements about what can be purchased from the pocket money or needs. Of course, basic regulations can be discussed with parents, such as: no Nintendo of the money. But basically the child is here for the first time independently in the purchase decision and this important step should also preserve. So not pure talk too much.
- Adequate is the magic word. So our most important allowance recommendation is: Do not give too much! What is appropriate, but can be read not only at a table recommendation, but also has a lot to do with the agreements that are made within the family, for example, what the money do NOT use / need or needs to be well spent. 50 euros per month for a 12 year old little can be when it needs them buy birthday gifts for friends and clothing.
- Stay hard and rigorously when the shoots are already bankrupt before the next rate. Discuss with your child how it came about and how it can prevent this crisis the next time. Not money nachschießen, then fizzles the learning effect.
- It is obvious that the amount of monthly pocket money plays an important role in dealing with coins and bills. Is it too low, the child loses easy to save the motivation because it takes too long to be able to buy anything other than a cheap plastic toys.
A small pocket money recommendation of another kind on the side: you have children your own account, you can set up a standing order. This has two advantages: First, you do not forget the payment, and secondly, the children do not fritter away the money as fast as they need only to the bank. There are now many junior accounts where they may also withdraw all alone with its own card up to a mutually agreed amount each month.
Also important: agreed where the cash is kept at home: ma best is of course a money box - otherwise the small coins disappear quickly.
No Gos for pocket money:
- Do not put a bag of money increasing a reward.
- Use a pocket money withdrawal or a shortening of the curtain not as a punishment.
- Do not demand conditions, such as collecting bills or keep records.
- Do not give evaluative judgments about selling things or expenditure ("meaningful". "superfluous" Etc.).
- Do not pay too much and did not meet your child away from the pocket money every wish. Why save then and anticipation?
- not (for example, because the child has to buy them school or clothes.) was alienating the purpose of the pocket money can make sense here more than a distinction between the "primary care" be and expensive designer clothes: "Yes, I buy new, good athletic shoes, but if you really want to, and the brand / one particular shoe, you can to put something."
- Force the child not to save. The need to learn it yourself. Otherwise, you could also make a presentation to pay instead of spending money.
How much pocket money for which age? - The allowance table 2017I floor andrestHow much pocket money gets a primary school child in the month? How much money is appropriate for a six, ten or sixteen? find answers to these frequently asked questions parents in the current pocket money table. It is based on recommendations of the youth welfare offices and serves as a guide.
The first pocket money children receive after allowance table already with four to five years. With about 50 cents a week it starts and increases as recommended by the Youth Office to an amount of up to 70 euros a month for a 18-year-olds.
Until 9 years of age a weekly payment to the general recommendation is considered meaningful. Because in the primary school age children are usually still very difficult to plan for a entire month. Ages 10 and it is about time to learn financial organization and even aufzusparen the money for the movies in the coming week. The amount can then be paid out once a month.
From about 10 years, the parents can as I said also open a student checking account to which the money is going each month. Dealing with a credit institution is not only important to learn how to handle money. The occurrence as a customer in a bank branch is a big step for shy children and strengthens their self-confidence. And transferred the pocket money to a separate account to get young people find easy cooler than it is to get paid cash in hand.
|age of the child||pocket money|
|Under 6 years old||1 Euro per week|
|6 - 7 years||2 EUR per week|
|8 - 9 years||3 EUR per week|
|ten years||14 euros per month|
|11 years||16 euros per month|
|12 years||20 euros per month|
|13 years||22 euros per month|
|14 years||25 euros per month|
|15 years||30 euros per month|
|16 years||35 euros per month|
|17 years||45 euros per month|
|18 years||70 euros per month|
What's behind the Taschengeldparaphen?Simply put, the pocket money paragraph allows children to buy from their pocket money, what they want. You can find the control, which is often referred to as pocket money law in Section 110 of the Civil Code (BGB). With the completion of the seventh year of life, boys and girls as limited legal capacity Minors can spend the money they surrendered so without the prior consent of the legal guardian for things that have a rather low value. A maximum amount of pocket money paragraph does not prescribe. Just the fact that their parents provide them with the financial resources available will be taken as agreement.
Say: The purchase of ice cream, chocolate, books, books or trading cards are binding contracts. For purchases of more valuable things in the contract concluded with the minor contract remains in limbo. Parents can undo the purchase of a bicycle, a watch or a cell phone, etc.. For this reason, most retailers are already claim the consent of a parent or guardian for certain purchases.
That one may not purchase alcohol to 16-year-old from the pocket money and cigarettes are only allowed from 18, it regulates addition, "http://www.eltern.de/jugendschutzgesetz" parents forbid in advance specifically the acquisition of certain things that guardians have the last word.